Not only do we offer financial support to local deserving causes, we are also a service organisation providing assistance, such as, helping with bucket shakes for other charities, marshalling at civic events e.g. the Remembrance Sunday Parade, providing transport and entertainment for our more senior residents
Recent donations include:
- In February we made a donations of
- £200 to Guildford and South Surrey Parkinson’s support group to allow them to continue their work supporting local residents suffering from the disease
- £200 to Sight for Surrey to run a Technology Event for the Sight and Hearing Impaired at GLive in July 2020
The event will showcase and give an opportunity for individuals to receive advice, try specialist equipment and IT packages [for phones/tablets/computers] and talk to others with a similar disability.
- £2000 towards the ‘Going for Gold’ appeal operated by The Lions
International Blood Research Appeal (LIBRA) to benefit patients with blood cancers and blood disorders.
- £1500 to Sampson Centre for MS
The £1500 is a 50 50 contribution to some special assisting mobility equipment that the Samson Centre needs for its exercise and Therapy classes for people with Multiple Sclerosis.
- £260 to the LCIF (Lions Clubs International Foundation) fund to assist people affected by the Australian Bush Fires
- £450 was shared between the Mayor’s Distress Fund, The Prostate Project and the Royal Surrey County Hospital Charity Click here for details
- £1500 to the League of of Friends of Milford Hospital to help purchase a Magic Table (Tovertafel)
- £275 along with the same figure from Woking Lions to PTSD RESOLUTION which is community-based charity providing therapeutic support for forces veterans to resolve the devastating impact of military trauma PTSD. This funded a series of one to one therapy sessions for a person living in Woking.
- £65 to fund the purchase of a fire evacuation mat by Headway Surrey who provide support and services for adults over 18 years, affected by acquired or traumatic brain injury in Surrey.
- £220 to Gosden House School which is a school for young people with learning and additional needs, from 4-16 years of age. to fund two children to attend an activity centre near Portsmouth.
- £100 donation to the Four Seasons Club supporting socially isolated people in Guildford
- In January two members of Guildford Lions Club recently visited the Early Supported Discharge Team at Milford Hospital to present a cheque for £425.00. This money is going towards specialist equipment the Team need for patients recovering from a stroke.