Not only do we offer financial support to local deserving causes, we are also a service organisation providing assistance, such as, helping with bucket shakes for other charities, marshalling at civic events e.g. the Remembrance Sunday Parade, providing transport and entertainment for our more senior residents
Recent donations include:
- In February we made a donation of
- £275 along with the same figure from Woking Lions to PTSD RESOLUTION which is community-based charity providing therapeutic support for forces veterans to resolve the devastating impact of military trauma PTSD. This funded a series of one to one therapy sessions for a person living in Woking.
- £65 to fund the purchase of a fire evacuation mat by Headway Surrey who provide support and services for adults over 18 years, affected by acquired or traumatic brain injury in Surrey.
- £220 to Gosden House School which is a school for young people with learning and additional needs, from 4-16 years of age. to fund two children to attend an activity centre near Portsmouth.
- £100 donation to the Four Seasons Club supporting socially isolated people in Guildford
- In January two members of Guildford Lions Club recently visited the Early Supported Discharge Team at Milford Hospital to present a cheque for £425.00. This money is going towards specialist equipment the Team need for patients recovering from a stroke.