- If you are lucky enough to have a garden then get out and enjoy it. To identify the birds visiting your garden visit
and-wildlife/bird-songswhich is a fantastic resource for identifying birds and birdsongs
- Keep in touch with family and friends – give them a call or try a video call here is a BBC guide on how to do it. Alternatively try Skype, Facetime or Zoom
- Look round the house and garden, car etc., create a list of things that need doing and set aside time each day to carry out some of the work. keeping indoors needs for poor weather days – a chance to finally get started on all those decorating jobs you have been putting off for so long!
- Get out the playing cards and dust down all those board game
Puzzlers may enjoy these sites:
- Knitting and sewing are said to have therapeutic benefits, if you possess such skills consider using up any spare wool you have by knitting for a charity. See blankets without borders
If you have children now could be a time to pass your skills on to them
Cardmaking, papercraft maybe another hobby to pursue, numerous websites offer tutorials for all levels https://www.card-making-magic.
- Free printable colouring pages designed for adults
- Origami projects for all ages
This could be a good time to convert some of the greetings cards you’ve stashed away for years into gift tags, all you need is scissors and string/ribbon and you’ll by recycling you’ll be doing your bit for the environment
- Fancy a good read- now that our Surrey libraries have shut up shop for the foreseeable future, doesn’t mean we have
to miss out on a good read! You can still access FREEeBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eComics and eNewspapers:Visit surreycc.gov.uk/elibrary, and surreycc.gov.uk/libraries/
reference/for the newspapers (look for “Pressreader”).If you have any difficulty accessing these, please email email@example.com quoting your membership number.To join online, visit surreycc.gov.uk/libraries/ your-library/join-your-library/.
On line entertainment
The Uke Jam Commune Facebook page is well worth a look. The organisers are constantly updating with news of live streamed sessions. Also, Keith Woodhouse, a local guy in self isolation, is setting up a singalong channel. Again info about this is available on the Uke Jam Facebook Page.
Virtual choirs are springing up daily. Enjoy singing in a choir? Join the #GREATBRITISHHOMECHORUS both amateur and professional performers are welcome to come together across the country as we experience day to day ‘Social Distancing’.
- Enjoy a quiz then have a look at
- Gooses Quizzes
- Search for – You Tube Jack Edwards quiz night – live on Sunday
- Search for Jay Flynn – live on YouTube on Thursdays but can be viewed anytime
- Here are a number of links that cover a whole range of different options ranging from music, theatre
- Ticket Factory
- Travel Zoo – virtual tours and experiences including the Louvre, Sydney opera house, Taj Mahal, theatres, aquariums, a safari and much more
- StubHub will keep an up-to-date list of streaming performances and concerts offering something for everyone, whether it is cultural events, family entertainment, or health & wellness
- Excercise options
- Nothing Much Happens – a series of bedtime stories designed to help adults sleep
- Do you love cats – Yoga loving cats
Every Thursday 7pm BST on the National Theatre YouTube channel a selection of performances:
The National Theatre
Ballet fans: https://www.sadlerswells.com/
Things to do at home a comprehensive list, including Audio Books online courses new hobbies and much more https://www.buyagift.co.uk/things-to-do-at-home?
Bridge and other card Games:- Play with your friends on line – you will be able see and to talk with them whilst you play go to http://www.trickstercards.com ( NB not all search engines include the video element – but Chrome does.)